As we all get ready to sit down with friends and family to enjoy a great Thanksgiving feast, I wanted to take a moment to thank all those who've helped me along during my incredible journey.
- Thank you to my parents for being there for my brother and I. Without their love and support, I wouldn't be the person I am today.
- Thank you to my brother for being an incredible sibling and friend. My hospital stay wouldn't have been as fun if it wasn't for his weekend sleepovers watching episodes of Dragonball Z.
- Thank you to my grandparents for being an incredible support system. If it wasn't for them visiting me at the hospital every day, I would have surely gone insane.
- Thank you to my Aunt Ana. She's always been there to help me, no questions asked. And I'm forever grateful.
- Thank you to my Uncle Carlos for being willing to help when I needed him.
- Thank you to my Aunt Lori for always being there for me, even when the world started spinning during my first tequila shot.
- Thank you to my awesome cousins, Taylor, Kristina and Daniel. It's been a privilege watching them grow up and I'm honored to call them my family.
- Thank you to my best friend, Adam. His friendship is invaluable and I will never forget his amazing kindness and support.
This list can go on forever, so I won't bore you too much longer. To all my other friends and family that I didn't name, please know that I am truly thankful for all of your love and support. It is because of my incredible group of friends and family that I was able to persevere and overcome incredible adversity.
So as you make your way to the dinner table today, please take a moment to remember what you are thankful for. No matter how tough or difficult life can be, everyone can find something to be thankful for. All we have to do is look.